Tuesday 16 September 2014

Steak, Green Beans, and Horses

The other night, I was in the mood for steak and Bev found some green bean bundles in the freezer from last year’s garden.  I grilled them both on the charcoal grill to get this.


We have a vacuum sealer and I continue to be impressed with the more-than-a-year-old food that we discover and eat.  The beans were as fresh and tasty as they would have been after just a month in the freezer and they were very good grilled - everything is better wrapped in char grilled bacon.  The steaks had been in there awhile as well and I consider the vacuum sealer a must for our lifestyle - we wore out a FoodSaver and now have a commercial grade one from Cabela's. 

On another subject, the small road to the dog groomer takes me through a rural area and past a couple of horse farms and on this trip I just happened to have the camera with me.  I can’t think of many views more serene than the horses leisurely grazing in a lush green pasture.



Another field contained a couple of moms and their little guys.


The farm belongs to Mike Wahl Performance Horses and I understand they train horses from around the world. 

In addition to the real farmers/ranchers, there are also a few gentleman farmers along the road - nary a critter inside their fenced area.



Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

9/6/14 meal date

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home