Thursday 11 September 2014

Chicken Marsala for Pat’s Birthday

We managed to let Pat’s (SIL) birthday slip by us and to make up for it, we offered to cook her a meal of her choosing and she selected chicken Marsala and invited four of her friends for the event.  


We had made this dish back in Sep. 2011 and again in Feb. 2012 using pork loin but we liked them so well, I thought it was worth a re-post.  Our recipe is a slight adaptation of a Carrabba’s Restaurant copycat recipe we found on Food.com.

The recipe can be found at the Sep. link and several shots of the cooking process are at the Feb. link so I won’t repeat them here.  Because of the size of the meal, I ended up using two 12” skillets and made one recipe in each pan, using one stainless and one cast iron so I would be sure to get a little fond in the pans – they tasted the same to me.  It’s times like this that I know why we have a six burner cook top as I used two for the meat, Bev used two for the veggies and we didn't have to reach over each other.


We served the chicken with some hand mashed potatoes using our favorite recipe from The Pioneer Woman, steamed (til done of course) broccoli with butter and cheese, and homemade rolls, which I missed getting in my plate shot.


We topped it off with some homemade pineapple/coconut ice cream.

The food was a big hit with the diners and Pat seemed well pleased with the event.

And what about leftover mashed potatoes and gravy you asked - breakfast may have been better than the supper meal.


Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

9/7/14 event date

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home