Thursday 13 November 2014

A Southern Breakfast & Sandwich Experiment

For those of you who know Bev is in Florida and may be worried about me surviving, fear not.


Two fresh-from-a-local-farm eggs, Benton’s country ham, and Bev’s homemade biscuits from the freezer.  After I took the shot, I split the biscuits, cut the tomato in half and added them and some country ham to get two delicious breakfast sandwiches sided with scrambled eggs.  It got the day started right and lasted me til supper – I just love breakfast.

Tomato and Cottage Cheese Sandwich - A Few Days Earlier
I like tomatoes, I like sandwiches, I like tomato sandwiches, I like tomatoes and cottage cheese, so why not combine them me thinks.  I had what was the last tomato from this year’s plants and decided on cottage cheese and tomato for breakfast, then thought I should have some carbs and considered a piece of toast.  It was at this point that a brilliant idea popped into my head, why not a tomato and cottage cheese sandwich, especially since I had a fresh loaf of French bread.

I sliced the bread and added the sliced tomato with S&P.



I added a nice layer of my favorite Breakstone's Cottage Cheese with more S&P.


Add the top piece of bread and wa-la a sandwich is born.



So how was it you ask – pretty much as expected flavor-wise and much of the cottage cheese ended up on the plate, also as expected.  I’m not sure this is the sandwich I’d serve for a brunch J  so maybe not quite a brilliant idea - next time, I’ll try it open faced on hot pepper cheese toast.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry


Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home