Tuesday 26 August 2014

A Little Time With Roz – Italian Cheesy Tomato Pie with Buttermilk Biscuit Crust

As soon as I saw Roz’s post on this with the yummy photo and advising that she had won a competition in Charleston, SC with it, I knew it had to be tried – especially since we love tomato pie – please pop over to La Belle Vita Cucinafor the recipe and nice how-to photos.  We made it per her recipe, except we used a 12” dish to cook it in and since it was larger and my tomatoes were perhaps a little thicker, it took longer to get everything bubbly.

This is it hot out of the oven and resting.


Since we could not get out a clean piece, I waited until the next day and cut this piece cold then reheated to have this for breakfast – way better than Wheaties for a champions breakfast. 


I loved it both times and can only say if you plan to eat only one tomato dish this summer, this is the one I recommend.  The crust was so flavorful, we plan to try it as biscuits and when I threw away the paper recipe, Bev retrieved it and stuck it in her recipe drawer, commenting she may want to make it again soon.  As for the leftovers, it tasted about the same but as expected the bottom crust was moist but not soggy.  Thanks Roz for great meal number two and I’m looking forward to the next three or four.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

8/21/14 meal date

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home