Friday 27 February 2015

A Nice Snow Fix

Some of my fondest memories as a kid growing up in northern West Virginia involve the snow and to this day I still enjoy it and need an occasional fix.  I love how clean it makes the ground look and how sweet it makes the air smell when all of the pollutants are removed. 

Last Tuesday we awoke to the results of the ice storm, but this Tuesday, we had a nice, beautiful snow cover to look at with the official total of 4“ here at Almost Heaven South as measured by a yardstick on my deck railing. 




I don’t believe the RV was quite as angry about this event.


Then, after a day of melting, winter storm Remus rolled through beginning on Wednesday evening and we even had the outside floodlights on so we could watch the snow falling in the dark. As pretty as it was on Tuesday morning, we got up Thursday to these beautiful sites and a moderate 30F temperature.







With a total of 7¼“ now on the railing, I can definitely say my snow fix has happened and I’m glad we were here to enjoy it.  This is the view from my chair as I watched the birds have their breakfast.


This was the perfect snow for me as it was deep enough to cover everything and followed by a 41F day that melted nearly all of it from the roads.  And now that the snow fix has happened, I'm ready for spring.

Photos can be enlarged by clicking on them.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South.

Larry

2/24 & 2/26/15 event dates

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home