Wednesday 11 June 2014

Blogger Party 2014 – Let’s Eat

The 2014 version of our blogger party is now in the books and it seemed to be a big hit – I’m sure I had a good time.  This year’s event took place on June 7, 2014 at our "Almost Heaven South" dock on Tellico Lake with 23 folks attending.  With the theme of an East Tennessee Italian Fest and the menu built around a pasta bar, we decided to also eat it European style with several courses spread out over the afternoon. 

I didn’t even take my camera to the dock so I’m in hopes that those who did will do a post on the event and the dishes they provided.  David & Laurie sent me their shots so I’ll use them here.

We began visiting and eating a little after 1pm with appetizers of Frutta di Mare - Cold Seafood Salad (Stu & Sandy Hoffer), pizzas cooked on a ceramic cooker (John & Anna Mae Makela), and antipasto salad (Dave Scott & Larry - mostly Dave with a separate post coming).






Course #2 was composed of Chicken Marbella (Meakin & Sam Hofer – My Carolina Kitchen), linguini with Alfredo Sauce (Laurie & David Myers – Big Daddy Dave), linguini with Spicy Tuscan Sausage Ragu (David & Penny Klett – Lake Lure Cottage Kitchen), and Meatballs (Nancy & Ron Cardwell).





Course #3 contained penne pasta and elbow macaroni (purchased in error) with four sauces – Cold Tomato Pasta Sauce (Stu & Sandy Hofer), Puttanesca Sauce (Alexis & Chris Grove – Nibble Me This), Walnut & Sage Butter Sauce (Jackie & Dave Scott – Inspired By eRecipe Cards), and Bolognese Sauce (Bev & I).





Course #4 was desserts and they were Italian Crème Cake (Pat & Steve Lafon) and Strawberry Tiramisu (Penny & David Klett) - no shot of it.


We had an assortment of drinks including Italian Campari Orange Spritzer, margaritas and a couple of other concoctions that I missed out on.

I thought everything was delicious and when Bev asked about my favorite, I couldn’t pick one.  I wasn’t looking at the clock but would guess the meal took us around 5 hours to complete and I’m pretty sure no one left hungry.  Most folks stayed until around dark but a hard core group lasted until around 11pm – we wanted to make sure no one tried to steal the leftovers and there were no half empty bottles of wine remaining.  Please tune in to the blog’s mentioned above as I‘m confident some photos will show up.

Not only was the food delicious but we had a great opportunity for fellow bloggers and friends to get to now each other better. 

I’m sure you can tell by just looking that we had a fine array of excellent food and we so appreciate all that was done by everyone to make the day a success - thanks to some discussions, a theme already seems to be developing for next year.

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by Almost Heaven South
.
Larry

6/7/14 event dates

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home