I love to look at other home educators school rooms to get ideas for our school space.
This one is from Ikea and very COOL! You can see more pictures on Confessions of a homschooler blog at. http://www.confessionsofahomeschooler.com/blog/2011/08/our-schoolroom-on-ikea.html#comment-32408

Look how neat and orderly this is? WOW!!

Now, I will post a picture of my humble little home school area, we use workboxes.


The Adoptive Mom Homeschooling An Only Child's version of the Workboxes, decorated using my Cricut machine (love that thing!) and the Locker Talk cartridge. My Cricut is my must have homeschool tool.


Using stacking drawers/bins from Hobby Lobby bought using my 40% off coupon of course!


Above is my built-in workbox from our home remodel. This space was two large windows in our dining room. Our contractor thought I was crazy when I ask him to do this, until he saw how many books we had! lol. Once he finished it and I had all the books and the drawrs up there, he was pretty impressed by my idea.
 
This is our DREAM school room! hahaha.. Yes, it is a dream, especially since my homeschooling days are numbered as the Homeschooled Young Man is a junior in high school.

I could not leave out my favorite home education sign that hangs in my dining room, the homeschool room. It is from my friend and fellow homeshooling mom Sue. She gave it to me for Christmas one year, as she knows I love snowmen and I like to keep them up year round. I just love this! lol.

And yes, for those of you that don't homeschool, we do take snowdays off here and there. But most office the subject matter or the conversation is just to exciting to stop for a snowday. But if the public school kids are outside playing or if they come knock on the door, we do head outside for some playtime.