As homeschoolers we like to be different and be on our own...haha...do I lie? NOT!
In the case of state home education associations we have strength in numbers. Here are just a few things that your state home education association can and should offer you.
1) Information on changing homeschool laws and what we can do about them.
2) An annual home education state convention.
3) A listing of local homeschool groups throughout your state for you to join.
4) Help and encouragement for homeschoolers at different stages (beginner, grade school, junior high, high school, special needs)
5) Information about local and state events.
6) Updates on things like Common Core, graduation requirements, drivers ed and lots more.
7) Tips for preparing for each new stage of homeschooling.
8) Ideas for passing on the baton of homeschooling from you to your children's children.
9) TONS of resources for FREE!
10) MUCH MORE!
So what are you waiting for? Do a GOOGLE search for your state's homeschool association to see what you have been missing out on!