We were already familiar with the Sciencenaturally.com since we had read One Minute Mysteries: 65 Short Mysteries You Solve With Math!, so we were very eager to read get One Minute Mysteries: 65 More Short Mysteries You Solve With Science! The book also contains 5 bonus mysteries that involve using math skills to solve the problems.
One Minute Mysteries: 65 More Short Mysteries You Solve With Science! has 180 pages is written for 8-12 year olds and can be purchased for $9.95 by going to www.sciencenaturally.com.
The book is set up where you solve 65 mini mysteries with science and if you have read my blog in the past you will find that science is not my favorite subject, but the book made science fun! Read through my entire review and you can receive a special offer from Science Naturally!
What this home school Momma liked about One Minute Mysteries: 65 More Short Mysteries You Solve With Science!
1) I like how it brought science to life with everyday topics
2) LOVE the critical thinking skills that you need to solve these mysteries.
3) The book was easy to use, we brought it in the car with us and would read while we were going down the road. (beats the Ipod being on…lol)
4) This would be a fun summer time book, learning while on break is always great.
5) Covers Life Sciences, Earth & Space Sciences, Physical & Chemical Sciences and General Sciences.
6) The stories were written in a fun way and engaged our son very well.
What this home school momma did not like about One Minute Mysteries: 65 More Short Mysteries You Solve With Science!
1) Wish that they had been a bit more challenging, but the book is for 8-12 year olds and my student is almost 13, so it’s for the younger kids.
What this home school student liked about One Minute Mysteries: 65 More Short Mysteries You Solve With Science!
1) I liked how some were easy and some were hard.
2) They made me have to think.
3) The book was fun.
What this home school student did not like about One Minute Mysteries: 65 More Short Mysteries You Solve With Science!
1) Wish that there was more of a clear break between the mystery and the solution, because it was way too easy to just accidental flip the page and start reading the answer. Maybe like a picture of a STOP SIGN at the end of each mystery to remind you to STOP!
2) Wish that there were more books by them to read.
I think that these would be fun for using on a sporadic basis during science class. A fun thing to pull out and surprise the kids with during summer break.
I wish that they would come out with a book for chemistry, biology and physics for older kids.
Special offer from Science Naturally: purchase any 3 books from the Science Naturally by clicking here and get 3 books for $19.95 with shipping of just $2.95 (these retail for $35.80 a $12.90 savings just for reading my review!) Enter coupon code 3SPEC in your shopping cart. ENJOY!